You guys! Apparently I've been nominated for a Liebster award by Beth from Design Your Dwelling. So sweet, right? Thanks, Beth!
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another! Pretty awesome.
Here is how it works!
1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you with a link back to their blog.
Random facts about me:
- .In my pre-marriage/family days, I was a Community Relations Manager at Barnes & Noble where I wore many storybook character costumes to entertain the kids at storytime.
- I have a pathological fear of worms.
- I'm completely right-brained. Seriously, the left side is like a black hole.
- I have a horrible memory. I've been known to ask my best friend from high school things like "What was the name of that guy I dated for three years back in the nineties?"
- I'm a sucker for celebrity scandals.
- I had a prairie dress and sunbonnet when I was a kid.
- I've always secretly wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder and I own a few of the seasons on DVD. See above.
- I fall asleep during movies. At the theater. Like really easily.
- I once thought I wanted six kids. Then reality hit.
- I hate horror movies. Even the goofiest, most slapstick, staged, fake ones totally freak me out.
- When I'm out to eat, I always ask about the desert menu before ordering anything. So I can pace myself accordingly. I really love desert.
My answer's to Beth's questions:
- What is your dream job? I'd love Kathleen Kelly's job from You've Got Mail. Oh, before she lost her business, I mean.
- What is your color crush right now? I'm into bronze and gold everything.
- Who do you love to follow on Twitter? I'm a total technophobe and I've never tweeted before!
- What is your worst habit? Flipping the pages of a book back and forth as I read. That doesn't sound too bad but it drives my husband nuts!
- When you aren't blogging....I'm taking care of my sweet boys, reading or painting something.
- Where would you like to travel? This isn't very exotic, but I've always wanted to see New England.
- What organizations were you involved in in high school? None! I was pretty much painfully shy back then...and something of a late-bloomer. Definitely better at 39 than I was at 17.
- What kind of pet do you have and what is your pet's name? No pets. Cleaning up after two little boys and a husband is quite enough.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Hey girl, it's Ryan Gosling, of course.
- What is your number 1 blog goal? Honestly, I don't really have big goals right now. For now, I'd like to keep it fun, meet fellow bloggers and follow through with all my many decorating and craft ideas.
- What is one thing you couldn't live without? My boys! Aaawww : )
My questions for my nominees:
- What's your #1 guilty pleasure?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What's your favorite book?
- What's the worst job you've ever had?
- What's your idea of a perfect day?
- What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
- How would you describe your decorating style?
- What's your favorite desert?
- What's your least favorite household chore?
- Describe your worst DIY/decorating disaster.
- Name a designer or blogger whose style you admire.
Thanks for playing, nominees, and best of luck with your fabulous blogs!